Is It Intelligent? A Systematic Review of Intelligence in the Most Cited Papers in IoT

Resultado de la investigación: Contribución a una revistaArtículo (Contribución a Revista)revisión exhaustiva

Resumen

Artificial intelligence is a buzz word and even more when its accomplishments have challenged our intelligence. However, what is intelligence? Is there a consensus in its meaning for researchers and professionals? Is it just a sales word? What does it mean in practical terms? To answer these questions, we followed a systemic review of literature in most cited papers about intelligent systems in the Internet of Things (IoT) and discovered that only 58% were intelligent as we defined: “Intelligent Systems are systems conformed by algorithms that are programmed using some machine learning techniques and that can learn from data and perform tasks with a superior performance”. The rest 42% were just traditional systems with hardware or software enhancements.

Idioma originalInglés
Páginas (desde-hasta)272-286
Número de páginas15
PublicaciónCommunications in Computer and Information Science
DOI
EstadoPublicada - 1 ene 2021
Evento2nd International Conference on Applied Technologies, ICAT 2020 - Virtual, Online
Duración: 2 dic 20204 dic 2020

COAR

  • Artículo

Categoría OCDE

  • Ingeniería de sistemas y comunicaciones

Categorías Repositorio Ulima

  • Ingeniería de sistemas / Teoría

Temas Repositorio Ulima

  • Artificial intelligence
  • Inteligencia artificial
  • Internet de las cosas
  • Internet of things

Huella

Profundice en los temas de investigación de 'Is It Intelligent? A Systematic Review of Intelligence in the Most Cited Papers in IoT'. En conjunto forman una huella única.

Citar esto